From: Joseph Bueno [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 10:39 AM
To: Florian Effenberger
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: disabling version number

Florian Effenberger wrote:
No, why?

Part of my security concept, I generally disable all version numbers.

You can patch mysql source and recompile ;)

However, if someone has enough access rights on your system to run
"select version();", showing mysql version number should be the least
important of your problems.

Regards,
Joseph Bueno

--