Here's a couple of links that should help.

PHPMac http://www.phpmac.com/ has an article about turning on PHP in Apache.

MySQL on Mac OS X
http://developer.apple.com/internet/macosx/osdb.html

PHP on Mac OS X
http://developer.apple.com/internet/macosx/php.html

Even though OS X comes with Apache and PHP installed, for some reason Apache is not configured to handle PHP by default (at least in Jaguar). You have to make changes to your httpd.conf file.

jeff