On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 12:17:45PM -0800, Dathan Vance Pattishall wrote:
> ISAM tables are cut off at 4gb of data

No, they aren't.  I have a 9GB MyISAM table here.  By using a MAX_ROWS
specifier, you can suggest that MySQL use larger row pointers (more
than 4 bytes).

> MYISAM / INNODB /BDB have a filesystem limit.

Not true either.  You can have multiple InnoDB tablespace files across
many filesystems, thus making an filesystem limit irrelevant.

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 4.0.8: up 52 days, processed 1,797,843,825 queries (397/sec. avg)