On Thursday 27 March 2003 14:35, Henning Heil wrote:

Is the crash-me software what are you looking for?

Check these links:
http://www.mysql.com/information/crash-me.php
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Custom_Benchmarks.html

>From the latest link, a cite:

To avoid problems like this, you should put some effort into benchmarking
your whole application under the worst possible load! You can use Super Smack
for this, and it is available at:
http://www.mysql.com/Downloads/super-smack/super-smack-1.0.tar.gz. As the
name suggests, it can bring your system down to its knees if you ask it, so
make sure to use it only on your development systems.

Try it.

> Hi all together!
>
> Meanwhile I found out that what I am looking for is best known as
> "negative testing", trying to break an application puckish, to make it
> fail more or less serious by going bejond the borders. I am really
> really in a hurry (and stuck at the moment) getting information on this
> topic (I wouldn't ask here if not).
>
> Does anyone have web-links, pdf or other files and can provide those to
> me? Topics of interest might be a test strategy for "negative testing"
> or _even_more_ concrete samples of test cases! Most documents if found
> say that one can convert existing test cases to negative test cases BUT
> how?
>
> Focused on databases "negative testing" could mean sth like submitting
> SQL-statements which cause destructive behaviour inserted into search
> forms or similar. Something similar would be to intercept post-string or
> modify http-headers. Any more ideas?
>
> Any help will be welcome - thanks a lot!
>
> Rgds,
>
> Henning Heil
>

> P.S.: This must not necessarily go over the list, PM will be fine.
> P.P.S.: If anyone is interested in I can provide the material I found so
> far
>

> filters?
> sql, query, mysql

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Egor Egorov
       <___/   www.mysql.com