From: Dimitar Haralanov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 4:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: granting privileges using wildcards

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:37:33 -0800
Jennifer Goodie wrote:

   > To answer the original question, I have tried a lot of different
ways, but
   > the only solution I have found is granting on the entire database
or
   > specifing each table in the tables_priv table.  I go with the
second option
   > because although it is more work I like only allowing as much
access as
   > needed.  The wild cards just don't seem to work in this instance.
Has
   > anybody had any success with it?

        This solution works, of course, but has one unwanted pre-requisite.
have to be the root MySQL user (or a user that has privileges to modify
that table) to modify table_priv.
        The code that I am working on will be running on a Apache server and
do not want to have the web server login to MySQL using a user with that
high privileges. It is a security issue!! :)
        I guess, I will have to work arround this!!

        Thanx
                -- Mitko