Hi all,

I have a problem about the innodb memory usage. The following is my config file for mysql and the version I am using is 4.0.12 in FreeBSD 4.7 stable.

my.cnf

[mysqld]
port=3306
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
set-variable = thread_cache_size=700
set-variable = table_cache=1000
set-variable = key_buffer_size=16M
set-variable = max_connect_errors=9999999999
set-variable = max_connections=850
skip-name-resolve
skip-locking
memlock

####### INNODB CONFIG #######
innodb_data_home_dir = /var/lib/mysql/innodbdata
innodb_data_file_path = datafile:4096M:autoextend
set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=24M
set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=8M
innodb_log_group_home_dir = /var/lib/mysql/innodblog
innodb_log_arch_dir = /var/lib/mysql/innodblog
set-variable = innodb_log_file_size=10M
set-variable = innodb_log_buffer_size=8M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=0

[mysql.server]
user=mysql
basedir=/usr/local/site/mysql

[safe_mysqld]
err-log=/var/lib/mysql/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/mysqld.pid

When I start the mysqld, the memory usage is about 85M. Then the mysqld will use more and more memory and doesn't release. It will use all the memory and the performance will be dropped when it starts to use swap space... Do anyone know how to calculate the memory mysqld use when it starts? And also any method can be used to limit the memory usage for innodb? I don't have memory problem when using MyISAM before... The memory usage of mysqld reachs certain level and will not continue to grow.....

Thanks a lot.

Kaming.