ok so we can ingore the last message i've finally convinced that mysql 4 will be the
best option for the searching, i am moving over an access database of a tape library
which is 100,000 records. this is pretty massive search wise , what could be the best
way to go about this , we have a title, and various information about the footage on
tape, and also there is a text field which will require to be searched apon, the
access db also has indexed keywords to get the related rows is this still needed ?
basically would the boolean match against features in 4 with full text indexing be the
positive way about this , and also how exactly does the full text indexing work , is
it disk or memory based ? let me know thanks