From: Daniel Kasak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 4 April 2003 12:09 PM
To: Lecul, Fred
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: external connection

Lecul, Fred wrote:

>Hi
>
>Im new to mysql and am trying to connect externally.
>
>I have hashed out the skip-networking in the my.cnf, created a new user
>and gave permissions but it seems it just doent want to accept the
>connection. I am trying to connect using free-Mascon.
>
>Any idea's on what I can do?
>
>Frederic Lecul

Have you reloaded the grant tables? You have to do that when you alter /
add users / permissions etc.

mysqladmin reload -p

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer

**************   IMPORTANT MESSAGE  **************
This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information
which may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please advise the
sender by return email, do not use or disclose the contents, and delete the message
and any attachments from your system. Unless specifically indicated, this email does
not constitute formal advice or commitment by the sender or the Commonwealth Bank of
Australia (ABN 48 123 123 124) or its subsidiaries.