Hi All,

Good day !!!

I'm trying to setup up a mysql server that will store scanned documents
(.doc, gif, jpeg, etc......) and will try to achieve this by blobbing data
into the mysql server. I find this to be very useful for archiving old piles
of paper and scanning them before they worn out. I also need to create a
database for it of course,  that will store the scanned documents into the
mysql server. This of course needs a lot of disk space on the hard drive of
the server specially if you have tons of documents to scan. Blobbing data
into the mysql server will obviously consume lots of disk space and if it
turns to be that way, I need another hard disk to store the blob data. Using
the rpms to install mysql the path where  the database are installed is at
/var/lib/mysql, if I install it via tarball I would install it at
/usr/local/mysql, my question is how do I make a path for my blob data into
another hard disk in case the primary hard disk gets full so that the data
will be saved on another hard drive. I would want to achieve this kind of
setup for me to have more options rather than setting up another server to
store the data. I would appreciate if someone could help me on this.

Regards,

Delz