Hi guys i messaged before regarding mysql 4's search capabilties, i am doing
up a scope for a tape library database change over from access , there is
100,000+ records, i am trying to find the most effiecient way to build the
search capabiltiies, there will be fields like title, tx date, reporter, user
etc ..

the way i design my tables is usually have tables like reporter and user and
join with keys ie

reporter:
reporterID
reporter

user:
userID
user

program
reporterID
userID

and then join the tables that way , would this slow it down in anyway when
doing a search against it , also is match against my best way of doing a
boolean search , also the current access db has a keywords field , and then is
searchable against that to find the entry quicker would this still be needed ,
and also with indexing , how many fields can i index at once in a table , and
for the content text field , if i remove the keyword search , i would prob
need the text in this searchable , would full text indexing speed up the
search and how could i achieve this ? let me know thankyou.