Greetings,

we running mysql 4.0.13 compiled statically with linuxthreads on freebsd 5.0 (SMP).

The problem is that a few connections are not dying after the wait_timeout and interactive_timeout expired.

The only pattern we can see here is that mysql clients like jakarta-tomcat (jdbc), and windows (obdc) are the ones not that are not dying. Another thing is that these are the only clients based on 3.XX libmysqlclient... We are not having problem so far with php and perl clients compiled with 4.XX libs.

I searched the manual for answers and nothing... The manual does say that we shouldn't have any problem with old 3.XX clients except for using the new privileges provided by 4.XX.

I don't really know if this is a freebsd problem as described in http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/000697.html or the old mysql client.

Any ideas?
 Gustavo Baratto - Programming and Technical Support
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] * (604) 638-2525 ext. 408

 Technical support web-site: http://support.superb.net
 Superb Internet Corp. "Ahead of the Rest"