On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 10:01:23AM +0000, Gustavo A. Baratto wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> we running mysql 4.0.13 compiled statically with linuxthreads  on
> freebsd 5.0 (SMP).
>
> The problem is that a few connections are not dying after the
> wait_timeout and interactive_timeout expired.
>
> The only pattern we can see here is that mysql clients like
> jakarta-tomcat (jdbc), and windows (obdc) are the ones not that are not
> dying. Another thing is that these are the only clients based on 3.XX
> libmysqlclient... We are not having problem so far with php and perl
> clients compiled with 4.XX libs.
>
> I searched the manual for answers and nothing... The manual does say
> that we shouldn't have any problem with old 3.XX clients except for
> using the new privileges provided by 4.XX.
>
> I don't really know if this is a freebsd problem as described in
> http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/000697.html or the old mysql client.
>
> Any ideas?

Sounds like the same bug to me.

How recent is your 5.0 kernel?  I don't recall exactly when the patch
went in.

4.0.13 should have an adjustment in vio/vio.c that looks like this:

fcntl(sd, F_SETFL, vio->fcntl_mode); /* Yahoo! FreeBSD  patch */

That works around the problem to.

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 4.0.13: up 2 days, processed 96,077,464 queries (391/sec. avg)