I'm having trouble pulling a response.redirect to an IP located in a Group table. The
user logs in ok, the currentUser variable is dim'ed and stores the data fine.

The problem is matching the currentUser to the user.username stored in MySQL, and
redirecting to the associated IP from the Group table. Here's what I have, although
nothing I do seems to avoid the "expected ')' " or "syntax error" messages.

dim currentUser %>
<% currentUser = AuthX.CurrentUserName(Request.ServerVariables("LOCAL_ADDR"),
Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME"), Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_AUTHORIZATION"))

If (1) Then

    Set MyConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.connection")
dbname=("/dbs/test/test.mdb")
MyConnect="DRIVER={MySql};PROVIDER={mysqld-4.0.12-nt};"
MyConnect=MyConnect & server.mappath(dbname)& ";"
MyConn.Open "DSN=local"

set rstemp = MyConn.execute("SELECT group.hostip FROM test.group, test.user WHERE
group.grouid = user.groupid AND (user.username = "currentUser")")

response.Redirect(<i> rstemp </i>)

Else     response.Write("failed")
response.End
End If %>

I'm new at this, so please be kind in your helpful suggestions.

Thanks,
Reuben