Hi all,

I hope this isn't an obvious question, but I'm having a hard time figuring
this one out.

I have a cron job set up to run mysqldump regularly to dump my databases out
to a flat file, which is then compressed and passed to our backup server by
another script.

The cron job runs the command:

mysqldump -Aac --add-drop-table --all-databases --opt > /tmp/mysqldump

This had been working fine for ages.  However, now I'm getting an error every
time it runs, indicating that there's a problem with the SQL syntax -
however, this is the SQL being written out by mysqldump, and nothing on the
server has changed which I would expect to cause this - MySQL hasn't been
reconfigured or upgraded or anything.

The error I'm seeing is:

mysqldump: Got error: 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax
near '404 READ /*!32311 LOCAL */' at line 1 when using LOCK TABLES

Just for info:
MySQL v3.23.51 on Slackware Linux 9.0 (on a high-performance dual-Xeon
server).

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing this to happen?

Many thanks

David P

--
David Precious
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory