<snip>

> > mysqldump: Got error: 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax
> > near '404 READ /*!32311 LOCAL */' at line 1 when using LOCK TABLES
> >
> > Anyone got any ideas what could be causing this to happen?

<snip>

> Table name :) It consists only of digits. Use -Q option of mysqldump.

Aaahh!  I can't believe I didn't get that one.  I've been trying to figure it
out for ages!  Of course, it all makes sense now.  And, looking back through
the cron job output, it started doing it right around the time that table got
created.

Many thanks for your help Victoria, you've saved me from tearing out a
considerable amount of hair!

Cheers

David P

--
David Precious
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

A mind is a terrible thing to ... er ... hmmmm

Now playing: Oasis - Whatever (Live, Knebworth)