Hi,

I'm running into an issue on MySQL 4.0.12 (not tested on other releases) using an InnoDB table type, where an update query is getting written to the query log but never being propogated as far as the binlog. The query is also not updating the DB, though according to the connection layer (PEAR DB) it is affecting rows as one would expect. Running the query through a command line (logged in as the same user, from the same box, etc.) works as expected, writing to the query log, updating the DB, and then writing to the binlog.

At present it seems the failure to write to the binlog is almost certainly because something is failing between the arrival of the query at the DB server (as signified by the entry in the query log) and the committing of the data (as would be signified by the data being appropriately modified and the binlog being written to).

My question is essentially: what could fail between these steps that would:
1) not be reported back to the calling agent
2) not be logged to the db error log
3) not happen when running directly through the MySQL command-line client but happen when running through an (admittedly rather questionable) PHP library when the queries received by the DB are verifiably the same in every apparent aspect (through inspection of the query log).

If anybody has an idea as to what may be happening, or better yet has seen this problem and maybe even has a solution, I'd be delighted to hear it. Further, if anyone can provide more details on what happens between the query log being written and the bin log being written (a rough process flow of what happens in the DB internals) that would be of great help (even if just to improve my knowledge of this stuff).

Thanks in advance,
Chris Tucker