This sounds like the best idea yet :)

I have a couple of questions:

 - I need to keep the data in x_shadow while still creating table x..
will copying accomplish the same thing?  I'm guessing it will be slower,
but keeping the 'shadow' table around is important.

 - Will either / both of these (rename and copy) preserve indexes?  Each
table has ~5 indexes, and I don't want to reindex.

Thanks for the ideas
Ross

--
Ross Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>