I hope this is the correct place to ask for help on this matter. Please
bear with me for not using the correct terms and for over-explaining.

THE BAD: I am having an incredible amount of trouble getting php scripts
to populate the mysql database ROWS within tables created by the
scripts.

THE GOOD: the php scripts can successfully create tables within my mysql
database without errors or problems of any kind.

THE BAD: no php script will populate the rows in those tables with data.
The rows are always blank even after the very same scripts successfully
create the tables.

THE GOOD: I can _manually_ login through myphpadmin and _manually_
populate the rows.

THE BAD: the scripts cannot automatically populate the rows with data
when taking input from html pages either. All php scripts that i have
tested fail to populate the mysql dbase provided by my web host.

THE GOOD: the very same scripts work just fine at filling the rows on my
LOCAL mysql database (I'm running current release of phptriad on win xp
locally: apache, mysql, php).

I suspect there's a problem on my web host's servers but they won't
reply to any questions about php/mysql, not even questions asking if the
servers are working properly since they do not support php or mysql.

I checked my domain server logs and couldn't find any error messages
about mysql (or overlooked them not knowing what I should be looking
for).

1) Any ideas where I might begin to look to find out what is the
problem? Yeah, i'm already considering getting a different host for my
domain since alot of the back end stuff I care about fails to work at
this host -- but their uptime for my web pages is so good.

2) Are there any common configuration/installation/user errors that
contribute to a database not accepting data in the rows?

3) what else might you suggest?

Thanks!

Andre
p.s. This is the only type of info that varies between the installations
of php scripts to access mysql server on my local machine vs mysql at my
web host:
        $url = "http://www.economicbooster.com";; //url for my site
        $databasename = "webprovideddbasename"; //name of my database
        $databaseuser = "webprovidedusername"; //my user name for the
database
        $databasepasswd = "password i assigned to database the first
time i used it";

my local machines:
        $url = "http://localhost";;
        $databasename = "mysql";
        $databaseuser = "root";
        $databasepasswd = ""; //no password assigned to local database

...everything else about the scripts is the same. In fact after
everything works locally I just ftp the very same folders from my local
machine to my web host, after altering the configurations.

Are You Getting the Best Results From Your Online Marketing?
      http://www.economicbooster.com/consultation.html