I have MySQL installed on a WinXP box, on drive C. Recently, I've installed
Linux on the same machine - dual boot, as one does. Linux is sitting on a
second HD on which I created a windows partition, seen to Linux as /share
and to Windows as D:, in order to share data between the two systems.

It is possible to move the current data being used by the Windows MySQL to
the D: partition and make this usable by MySQL regardless of what operating
system I'm using? I've started looking through the manual, but it's a big
manual and I'd appreciate some pointers. I assume both installations of
MySQL will have to be configured to look on /share AKA D: for data.

So, any tips would be appreciated...

a+
Steve