Hi,

Hi all

I've recently moved a database to MySQL from MSSQL, and am running it on
a Windows 2000 Server.

Can anybody advise me on the best method for running regular maintenance
tasks (i.e. optimize and analyze)?

First, I would question that you even need to optimize and analyze "on a regular
basis", as you write -- this is normally only done once you spot slowdowns or
when you positively know that some major update (like deletion of many records)
has taken place.

Runnning a CHECK should on the other hand be a part of the daily or weekly
routine.

I assumed I would be best creating a
batch file containing and running 'myisamchk ...' line-by-line, via
Windows scheduled tasks, but I don't appear to be having much luck.

NEVER run myisamchk while the server is also running! myisamchk is a program to be used off-line.

Instead, consider placing lines a la

CHECK TABLE mydb.mytable

into a file called check.sql, then running the command

mysql -u username -ppassword < check.sql

as you feel you need.

- Rich

Any assistance or pointers in the right direction would be very much
appreciated.

Regards
Gary Broughton