Da: rich johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Inviato: marted́ 10 giugno 2003 12.37
A: Davide Campanella; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Oggetto: Re: Offline database?

>Is there a way to put a database offline? So doing i could work on it with
>myisamchk being sure that mysqld cannot touch the files... and no
>corruptions should happen!

I have heard of people doing stuff with locking tables so no-one can write
to them, flushing them to close the files, then running myisamchk and
finally
releasing the lock.

That solution has always sounded a bit fishy to me, and I would hate having
to automate such a process.

Why can't you use CHECK TABLE?

- Rich