GRANT SHOW DATABASES will allow a user to see all databases, whether the
user can access them or not.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ronan Lucio [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 8:56 AM
To: Mike Hillyer
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Access denied

Mike,

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:38:32 -0600
"Mike Hillyer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Did you GRANT SHOW DATABASES to the user? If not then they will not be
> able to use the command. The SHOW DATABASES GRANT clause is a new
> addition.

I'm sorry but I don't have experience with MySQL.

Actually, I installed PhpMyAdmin in an ISP for the clients
manage his/her own database.

So, I created the account with the command:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON dfn.* TO [EMAIL PROTECTED] IDENFIED BY 'password';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON dfn.* TO dfn@"%" IDENFIED BY 'password';

Now, when I access PhpMyAdmin with user "dfn", it shows some
errors in the left frame, where should show the client's database (dfn).

If I grant SHOW DATADABES to this user, Will he see all databases
or just the databases that he has permissions?

Thank's
Ronan