Is there is a way to do a search and replace on the mysql cmd prompt? I
want to replace text in about 20 rows that has the same pattern with a
replacement.

I have a table that has a column 'name' and a column 'url' which holds
menu items for a website. Both columns are type varchar.

'url' has about 20 rows starting with 'disciplines/someurl' and I want
to replace 'disciplines' with 'programs'. Is there a way to do this in
mysql? I know I can do it in php, but it would be cool to do it, (and
probably faster) to do it in mysql.

I know how do use the regexp for SEARCHING, but can I do a replace on
the same cmd with an UPDATE?

thanks in advance,

Craig.