azamka wrote:

I installed mysql manually on red hat 9. It worked fine couple days but from yesterday i am getting a weird error when i tried to run the mysql. the error statement is " Error 2002: Can't connect to local MySql server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock'(2).

I am new user of Linux and I am unable to figure out why is this happening.
Please help me.

thanks in advance.
Kamran

When you try to run the server you get this error, or when you try to connect to the server? Is the MySQL server running?

ps -ax | grep mysqld

If it is running, does the socket actually exist in /tmp?

ls -al /tmp | grep mysql.sock

If it is there, what are the permissions? If it isn't there, is it in /var/lib/mysql?

ls -al /var/lib/mysql | grep mysql.sock