Hi all - I'm trying to set up mysql on my Windows 2000 machine, but can't
figure out how to run mysql_install_db
I'm going to command prompt, starting the server, then typing in the command
but nothing is happening. Do I have the syntax wrong? Also, I notice that
there is no install file in my mysql\bin on my hard drive. Could it be that I
didn't download it correctly?  I have been able to run mysqladmin with no
problem - but i am getting "access denied" errors when I attempt to access
databases on my hard drive - that's why I'm assuming that I haven't run the
install script correctly. Any help greatly appreciated!
Regards,
Kirsten

Kirsten Belkhiria
Solutions Manager