----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul DuBois" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> >I have gone into the user table in mysql db and placed
> >both 'localhost' and '%' into the host entry. It was
> >my understanding that '%' would allow access from any
> >host for that particular username.
>
> Yes, unless some other user table matches first, which may be
> what is happening in your case.

These comments you made have gotten me to thinking.

When I was having problems, per the original query, I actually had two
incidents of the same username in my user table. They were the only users in
fact. Each was tied to a different domain. I continued to get errors.
Perhaps it was grabbing the first entry (which was simply defined as
'localhost' for the host) and not going further?

The reason I ask is that I had no problems when I put in a NEW username (and
also tied it directly to the local host ip instead of the dns/host name.) I
at first thought it was because I tied it directly to the ip, but it was
also the only incident of that new username, so it could not get busted out
like my original username.

None of the above probably makes much sense....and I probably am not using
the right lingo...so, I apologize for that.

But, I am learning slowly=)

JT