On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 06:14:07PM +1000, electroteque wrote:
> lol of course
>
> mysqldump -u username -p databasename > databasename.sql

I am atempting to backup a database remotely. I added something like the
following.

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON db.*
    -> TO david@'192.58.197.0/255.255.255.0';

    And have access to the database from my home computer now but when I
    use mysqldump -h hostname -A -p > mysql.sql it dumps only a part of
    the backup and closes. Any clues as to what is going on or what I
    need to do? I could always have it backup on the server and scp it
    to my computer but hardheaded me would rather do it simply by
    dumping it from the remote computer to my home puter via mysqldump
    :). Thanks for any help.

--
Jerry M. Howell II