Why don't you try MySQLCC from the MySQL site?

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 4:25 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: New to MySQL

I have just started having a look at MySQL. I have the server installed and
running with the default settings and I now need to create a database and
tables.  I will be testing all locally on WinXPpro.

I would like to use phpMyAdmin but am having some trouble displaying the
index.php page. IE shows code, or does not load at all, MacromediaMX is
complaining about a server not existing. Or is there another way? I guess I
could be missing a few nuts-n-bolts, what services do I need to run on WinXP
and their configs? Is there anywhere where I can find some info for absolute
beginners to try and shorten the learning curve?

Once up and running I expect to be linking using Access 2000 with which I
have some experience and hope to port over some tables.

Regards