Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 01:14:37PM +0200, Richard Fuchs wrote:

are there any known issues with this combination, or with mysql 4.0.13 or freebsd 5.1 in general? what could be the cause for this, and how could it be fixed?

You seem to be the first reporting a problem with FreeBSD 5.1 and
MySQL.

Do you *need* to use 5.1 or could you try 4.8 to see if the problem
goes away?  That'd help to narrow it down to eithe MySQL or something
specific to FreeBSD 5.1.

no i don't *need* it, but switching os's would mean more downtime while possibly not even fixing the problem. and if i were switching os, i would probably go to linux anyway...

i've narrowed the problem down already: i have specified "enable-locking" and "skip-name-resolve" in my.cnf now, and i haven't had any corruptions for a whole day now. it looks like one of those two options fixes the problem. i can't really tell which one of them does it, and i don't feel like playing russian roulette trying to find that out, so this is my works-for-me case for now...

cheers
richard