Von: "Kevin Fries" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
An: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "'harsh'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "'My Sql List'" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
Gesendet: Montag, 30. Juni 2003 22:26
Betreff: RE: The quote ' problem...

The standard solution is to use binding.

JDBC and Perl DBI both support it, and I imagine most other environments
do as well.

In such case, your query will turn from:

"INSERT INTO someTable values ('foo\'')"

Into:
"INSERT INTO someTable values (?)"

You're use a prepared statement, and before executing it, you'll set the
value of your variable.

Read the mysql manuals for whatever language's interface you're using.

Kevin