On 30 Jun 2003 at 22:43, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> oops, i forgot this one...
> isn't that parameter binding only available from mysql 4.1 on?
> at least, when i browse through the php doc, it's part of the
> "improved mysql extension (mysqli)", available for mysql 4.1. does
> anyone know about version 4.0?

I don't know about other APIs, but Perl DBI supports placeholders
whether the RDBMS itself supports them or not.  I certainly used
placeholders in DBI back when I was using MySQL 3.23.  You don't get
the performance benefits of RDBMS-supported placeholders, but you
still simplify the escaping of values.

--
Keith C. Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Tobacco Documents Online