Another option is to have another table with the item name and number
using that as a lookup table.

IMHO it all depends on the data if the select is static (or rarely
changes) an enum would be best. If is changes a lot then I would use
another table to store it in.

-Michael

"I protectssss you, skin brother."  -mriswith