Hello! :)

Our server is very heavy loaded:
CPUs states are in 0.0% idle almost all day.
Linux 7.3 running myslq 3.23.56 and apache 1.3.27 on
2x1GHz Intel, 1GB RAM, 40GB WD 7200 8MB cache.
Mysql have around 166 threads and perforn over 400
Queries per second.
We are going to uprade our server but I'am wondering
between new Opteron (1.4GHz)and Xeon (2.4).
We are going to choose Dual Xeon solutions but after
reading article about Opteron and Xeon performance
with Mysql and Linux
http://www.aceshardware.com/read.jsp?id=55000261,
where Opteron is 38% faster on query than Xeon, I am
very confused what to do.

If anybody can help with more information about this,
I would be very appriated.

Kosyo