Well, I would avoid NAS as it introduces unwanted overhead when
accessing the data. As for SAN versus the internal RAID5, I am not sure,
I would say benchmark the two and see which comes out better, or wait to
see if there is anyone out there that has dealt with both.

Regards,
Mike Hillyer
www.vbmysql.com