Avoid NAS... that's like dealing with mysql via NFS ...

Internal raid depending on controller type and disk configuration could be
faster than an external SAN... But chances are external SAN has alot more
scalability as far as adding more controller, cabinets and disks...

If it was my choice and you've had great success with SAN's before as
mentioned ..  stay the route...