Marek Lewczuk wrote:

For everyone who thinks about moving from MySQL to PostgreSQL I have a
realy bad news - It's not worth.

That's a bit of an overstatement!

Why, You may ask... A few days ago I
have installed and tested PostgreSQL, becouse I realy need UTF-8 support
and subselects. I thought that PostgreSQL will be as good as MySQL but
also will give me that features,

Optimist!

I was shocked... I have made several tests with simple and complicated
querys - select, update, insert, drop. PostgreSQL execute those querys
even 20 times slower than MySQL. On average, PostgreSQL is 2-3 times
slower.

Which is *fine* for many applications, although not all.

So, all people who needs trigers/views/procedures etc. have to be
patient and wait for new MySQL versions.

If maximum speed is critical.

It's easy to lose sight of the fact that speed is not the only criterion
in choosing a DBMS.  Features, stability, security, and so on can be
just as important or more so.  No single DBMS is going to win all the
prizes; the trick is to find the one with the right balance.

Bruce Feist