>> >I agree with your opinion in 100%, but in my case I need DBMS with
>> >features like subselectes/utf-8/stored procedures but the
>> speed is also
>> >very important issue.
>>
>> You might have to spend money!
>>

>You are saying that there is DBMS with all this features and it is as
>fast as MySQL ?

>I don't know, but if there is, it is one you will have to >pay for.
>In any case, speed is as much a matter of application >design as a DBMS
>characteristic.

>As a minor side issue, we did some _very limited_ testing >with MS SQLServer
>2000 using unicode v ascii queries. Using unicode, queries >tended to run at
>about half the speed compare to using ascii.
 >This was client server, so it is likely that the increased >network traffic
>is to blame, but bear it it mind.

IPv6 is coming soon and PostgreSQL 7.4 will be the 1st database IPv6-ready!
This oportunity give to us the choice to move on to IPv6 network environment.
I do believe (tested in my network 6to4 connection) this move can improve the
environment performance until 18% in all!

Some moves can Checkmate!
Robson Oliveira