Contents are Direct Alliance Corporation CONFIDENTIAL
-

Andrew,

I have setup all the environments you are talking about.

CF with MS SQL is much easier to setup and get going than PHP and mysql.

However I have see twice the speed and stability with my applications that
are written in PHP and MYSQL.  I admit that struggling through all the setup
can be cumbersome, but in the end it pays off.

If you can get both PHP and MYSQL up on a Linux box even better.  I have
been certified in CF and used it for over 4 years.  CF does have a rapid
deployment phase and works well with mysql.  But I believe php has a much
more robust set of function, system, and networking capability that CF.
Plus the key. Is that it's all FREE...

CF  + MS SQL + MS    = $3000 +
PHP + MYSQL + Linux  = Freedom  :)