I am currently running ColdFusion MX on my Linux Servers access both MySQL from different Linux Servers and MS SQL from a MS2000 WS. ColdFusion and MySQL are both available and run on both Win & Linux machines. I also have PHP installed on Linux, but have never attempted to learn & fully utilize PHP. ColdFusion is capable of access many DB programs. You simply need to tell CF how and where to access the Data.