Hi,

I'm new to mysql. Coming from the oracle database a couple of questions
came up. Perhaps somebody, who has also experience in oracle, can set me
on the tracks.

Questions:

1. is mysql simular organized as oracle: instance/users/tables,
        so that I have to connect to chossen instance and user?
2. does mysql also use the term tablespace and can it administrated in the
        same way?
3. when creating a mysql database, how to determine where the datafiles
        are located?
4. is there something like a init.ora?
5. is it possible to start several databases from the same installation?
6. is there something like ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID?

Hope you can give me details prepared for a newbie and point me to the
suitable commands or docs.

Thanks in advance
        Harald