Hello all,

I have just finally finished my error free installation of mysql 4.0.13
on Apache 2.0.47 and PHP 4.3.2 all running on Windows 2000 Advanced
Server.

I was able to follow a direction that helped me change the root user to
myname and asign a password to myname. After that, I created 3 databases
in addition to the test and mysql that were already created through the
install process.

My problem is that when I created the databases, I did not do anything
else - no tables.

I am running another application (Geeklog) and in the install of
Geeklog, I got an error message saying that the "Table gl_access already
exist" when I went to Geeklog forum help, it says that my problem is
that I had performed an unsuccessful installation prior to this
successful one, and therefore, I need to delete the table or better yet,
delete the database and create a new one to use with Geeklog
installation.

The real question is that I do not know what would happen if I delete
the database, and how do I delete the database?

I thought it is something I could do at the command prompt just the same
way I created the database:

mysql>create database dbasenow

would the following work:

mysql>delete database dbasenow

Or do I have to delete the tables in it first?  Please understand that
when I created the databases, I did not create any tables, but when I
used PHPMYADMIN, I found that the database in question has tables in it
while the other 2 that I created had nothing in them..

Thank you all in advance...

Ola