From: Ryan Schefke [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 11:05 AM
To: 'Jason k Larson'
Subject: RE: * HELP * MySQL Connection Issue - Access Denied!!

Hey Jason - Thanks a ton for your help!  You're a lifesaver!

When I use 'localhost' for the below line:
C:\mysql\bin\mysqladmin -u root -h localhost password xxxx

It seems to work??? because the next line goes back to c:\mysql\bin
...was the password for root successfully changed then?

on the next line, I type
c:\mysql\bin\mysqladmin -u root -h samserver password xxxx

...and oddly enough I get the following:
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'samserver' failed
error: 'Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' <using password: NO>'

Why doesn't it work when I use 'samserver' instead of 'localhost'????
In the winmysqladmin 1.4 tool under the environment tab it says my local
host name is 'samserver'...what I named my computer?