I setup MySQL 4.0.13 Win32. I also setup PHP 4.3.2.

I am trying to learn MySQL and PHP. I  am using PHP & MySQL for dummies.

I am having a problem. Look:

mysql> SELECT * FROM user
    -> ;
ERROR 1046: No Database Selected
mysql>

Ok so the book says  " This message means your account is not allowed to
slect the mysql database"

Well... MySQL/Apache/PHP are installed on this local box.

How can I setup a username and password  that have admin rights to the mysql
database?

Or how can I login to Root? It has admin rights automaticly right?

I would like to choose my own username/password and give that account admin
rights

Thank you