I have only a G3 400 Mhz machine while not that fastest around I
discovered something interesting. Here's numbers for a 20 run average
using different terminal applications:

Apple Terminal.app  2.8145 sec
X-11 xterm          2.597  sec.

The X-11 terminal was consistently faster than Apple's Terminal.app.
Only 25% of the runs in xterm were slower than the fastest time in
Terminal.app.

I'm running MySQL 4.0.13.

Just thought that it was interesting.

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:00:48 -0500, mos spoke thusly: