Hi.
First, you will be happy to know that I am migrating a client to PHP/MySQL from ASP/MSSQL. This is for reasons of future preservation, cost, security, efficiency, et cetera. The problem is, I don't currently have a PC and $$ to run Windows 2000 server on. I have been sent the MDF and LDF database files by the client... Does someone know of a way to convert those files to SQL without running Windows to do it? If not, is there an SQL-like format that SQL Server will save as that I can request from the client? Or.... is there an application (Windows or anything) that someone can recommend to make this conversion? I should point out that this is a simple database with no stored procedures or anything fancy.

thanks for taking the time to read this,
Kumar