Hello :)

I have an development/test server on a windows 2000 box running.
AFAIK mysql needs 127.0.0.1 to connect to the localhost, if I use it on the db-server's machine.
Usually I'd connect via LAN so I need mysqld listen on 2 IPs.

1) 127.0.0.1
2) 192.168.1.42    <-- LAN-IP

This box has a second LAN-Interface and a third which connects to ADSL. Those 2 are to be considered realm of evel.

I just rather have mysql listening on localhost and one of the LAN-interfaces. Is this possible at all ?

There is this parameter for mysqld : bind-address
It only works with 1 aeddress. Even when I put 2 such lines in my.cnf it just takes the second value.

Do I have to let it listen on 0.0.0.0 and let mysqld sort the access attemts with the grant tables ?