Hello,

Am Dienstag, 29. Juli 2003 11:15 schrieb ΝΙΚΟΣ ΓΑΤΣΗΣ:
> Hello.
> I have MySQL 3.23.41 on a RH-7.2 Linux used as local server.
> I'm trying to replicate the databases from server (192.168.0.1) to another
> linux PC (192.168.0.3).
> Following the manual, i grant to the master a user with file privileges,
> and edit both my.cnf files.
> The master starts fine but the slave mysql.log shows up an error:
>
> Slave thread: error connecting to master: Access denied for user:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES) (0), retry in 60 sec

I made the same mistake yesterday because the documentation says to do so. But
the file privilege is not enough. Give ur replication user the "Replication
Slave" right in addition and it works fine.

Bernd

--

One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them.
One OS to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them

  • ... mysql-list
  • ... Dan Rossi
    • ... Paul DuBois
      • ... Dan Rossi