Sam,

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 08:37:33PM -0400, sam  [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> So, you are saying that the fact that replication is
> not working when we re-connect is not a bug.
>
> Replication is all about passing data from one node
> (a master) to the next (the slave).  I do not know what
> it is you want.  Simply when we re-connect we expect
> it to replicate.
>
> what you did (took the slave off line by pulling the RJ45),
> what you wanted to happen (replication to occur),
> and what actually happened (nothing - it did not replicate)
>
> I am not look for support on how to set it up.
>
> This is a bug.  I should be able to turn-off a slave
> and when it comes back up have it replicate with its
> master - correct?
>
> Sorry, I do not know why we are having a problem. I
> am simply stating the problem - if you need more, You
> need to tell what you need.

See the section in the manual about replication features and problems:

If connection to the master is lost, the slave will retry immediately,
and then in case of failure every master-connect-retry (default 60)
seconds. Because of this, it is safe to shut down the master, and then
restart it after a while. The slave will also be able to deal with
network connectivity outages. However, the slave will notice the network
outage only after receiving no data from the master for slave_net_timeout
seconds. So if your outages are short, you may want to decrease
slave_net_timeout ; see section 4.5.7.4 SHOW VARIABLES.

http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_MySQL_Database_Administration.html#Replication_Features

Regards,

Fred.

--
Fred van Engen                              XB Networks B.V.
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                Televisieweg 2

    • ... Paul DuBois
      • ... Dan Rossi
  • ... Rodrigo Dias Cruz
    • ... Jeremy Tinley