Hi ,
I am trying to export a database from one machine ie linux, and import
the same database to another machine ie ,solaris .

I exported the database using the following command .

mysqldump -c -u vidhya ifmonitor > $HOME/ifmonito.backup.

this is ok , ifmonitor-backup has the table creation info as well as the
table data .

but when I try to import the same database to mysql in solaris m/c
using the command

mysqldump -u vidhya ifmonitor < ifmonitor.backup

It is showing the table creation info , but the actual data is not
dumped .

I am getting the following o/p
-- MySQL dump 9.08
--
-- Host: localhost    Database: ifmonitor
-- Server version       4.0.14-standard

--
-- Table structure for table 'network'
--