Vidhya CS wrote:

Hi ,
I am trying to export a database from one machine ie linux, and import
the same database to another machine ie ,solaris .

I exported the database using the following command .

mysqldump -c -u vidhya ifmonitor > $HOME/ifmonito.backup.

this is ok , ifmonitor-backup has the table creation info as well as the
table data .

but when I try to import the same database to mysql in solaris m/c
using the command

mysqldump -u vidhya ifmonitor < ifmonitor.backup

Mysqldump  is only used to dump a database, not restore.
Use the mysql client to load it - ex:
mysql -u vidhaya ifmonitor < ifmonitor.backup